Fun in the sun – that’s the easiest way to describe Umzumbe. Soft sandy romantic blue flag beaches, blessed with the warm waters of the Indian Ocean. An area superb for all beach and holiday activities.
Nestled on the highest beach front point is Ocean view. Built for perfect privacy, the cottage has the most amazing ocean views. The 245m² cottage is built right on the front of the property, that maximise views across Umzumbe beach and the ocean.
Unquestionably modern in design, the overall effect is brightened by nautical colours, cushions galore and the feeling of being on a luxury cruise liner. For discerning guests, it’s a dream holiday destination. The outside patio or the enclosed sunroom is ideal for relaxing and cosy conversations, while the open-plan kitchen, dining room and living area offer a more formal, sophisticated, ‘grown-up’ space that is nonetheless not in the least bit stuffy.
Both large en suite bedrooms are built for comfort and maximised views. Both bathrooms have showers and baths inside with white top marble finishes.
Fresh air is what it’s all about, whether you’re after a base for fishing, snorkelling in the ocean, swimming in the warm Indian ocean water, or you refuse to venture any further than the gorgeous sun room with its 180˚ views … for which nobody would blame you!
What we love!
- Swimming for hours in the aquamarine sea on hot summer days and sunbathing on the blue flag beaches.
- Being able to walk absolutely everywhere – no need to drive in this tiny village.
- Exploring the Rock pools at low tide.
- The excitement of watching dolphins frolicking in the waves.
- Surfing for hours in the pristine water, waiting for the perfect wave
- Fishing with the locals off Stiebel rocks, maybe for your braai in the evening.
- Private beach access via the beach stairs and gate.